Week 1 is in the books and on to week 2 we go. Kicking off our next 5 comparisons is Tianjin and Dallas, two cities known for their respective prosperity of their citizens. No city in China ranks higher in per capita GDP than Tianjin, while Dallas comes in at #6 in the US. And just like Dallas with several large infrastructure projects underway, Tianjin is using infrastructure to continue to drive their growth in GDP. With several universities and professional sports things, one thing Dallas has that Tianjin does not is Jerry Jones.
- Population - 9.5 million
- Location - Northeast of the North China Plain, with the Bohai river on the East and the Yanshan Mountains to the North, Tianjin is roughly 120 miles from Beijing.
- Fun Fact - For many centuries, Tianjin has been considered the epicenter of Martial Arts in China.
- Population - 1.38 million
- Location - Northern Texas along the Trinity River
- Fun Fact - The greater Dallas area has an unbelievable 20 names on the Forbes annual list of the 400 richest Americans.
- Fun Fact #2 - Our CEO, Eric Moraczewski, was born in Plano, TX a suburb of Dallas.