Coming in as the 2nd largest city is Beijing and again we have a fairly straight forward comparison to Washington, DC. Both cities are the capitals and political centers of their respective nations. Known for setting policies as well as history and culture, these two cities rule their respective lands although in different ways. Often times foreign enterprises choose to set up in Beijing to be close to Economic Policy, whereas Washington, DC does not enjoy this same benefit. Still, if you want or need to do business with the government, these are the cities to be in.
- Population – 16.5 million
- Location – Located in the East on the northern tip of the North China Plain
- Fun Fact – After hosting the 2008 Olympic Summer Games Beijing was just awarded the 2022 Olympic Winter Games.
- Population – 650,000
- Location – Located in the Mid-Atlantic region of the east coast of the United States
- Fun Fact – The Martin Luther King Jr memorial was made in China by Chinese sculptor Lei Yixin. Lei Yixin made Dr. King’s image out of 159 pieces of pink Chinese granite.